Panda's First Smile

Panda's First Smile
PandaPig's First Smile!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

JOHN DISCOVERS MY "GRIEF PLACE" AND FEEDS ME THERE, KINDLY


mom and i are allowing ourselves to grieve naturally and each one of us has our own ways. i like to sit in the darkest place i can find in my cage and be quiet there. nobody disturbs me, not even the Mahals. but, today, John came over and offered me some wheatgrass after noting that i was sad. he did not ask me to come out, he simply placed the treat between the bars of my cage after he noticed me watching him treat the Mahals. i didn't make a peep. just watched (top photo) with my nose, which is how we watch Best, through our sense of smell. i felt so lonely. but i didn't make a peep. too sad.

then John, noticing my wee little nose and whiskers, made a humble love offering. i accepted. and he continued. now we are friends. guinea pigs are highly sensitive creatures. in fact, mom sneezed a few times and both Mahals scurried into their Pigloo so fast you'd think a tiger roared!

mom thinks they were well-taken care of, but not handled by their people. they cannot be petted in their cage while eating:
YET! i know from personal experience they will become accustomed to being held and cuddled and brushed and played with and have their fur scratched affectionately as much as i do, because they hear how much i purr every time mom does that
to me.

John is very gentle and sensitive to us, and made offerings respectfully so as not to interrupt my grief with merriment (unlike certain Mahal Party Animals we know) and i like John very much.

thank you, John, for noticing me in my grief-hiding place and not ignoring me...yet, not intruding, either. you are a real
good guy!

YumYum Out!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment