Panda's First Smile

Panda's First Smile
PandaPig's First Smile!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Cyndi Craven Music

Cyndi Craven Music
^^^PLEASE CHECK IT OUT!
One of the things we hope to do in 2012 (if mom stops calling it 1912)
is introduce you to our fine family of amazing friends: The ones you
think about and your heart smiles before appearing on your shining face.


Jerry Brunner (pictured at right) has been my best pal since I was 19
years old and living in Atlanta, teaching and practicing meditation.
He taught me birding, sounded so close to Dylan when he sang if we
closed our eyes he may as well have been Dylan and we took many
trips with our two other birding pals all over the swamps of the Deep
South, camping, paddling, listening to Jerry sing over the campfire,
hoping alligators didn't like candy bars we forgot to leave outside
our tents...He used to bring up a record player to the little green
wallpapered attic I rented with copies of Richard Burton reciting
poetry and introduced me to Wordsworth, the most mystic of all
American poets...on the record player we would hear things like
"The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner" but after that it was hard to
really love albatrosses even though they weren't to blame.
AND: He is the only person I know who actually attended the 
Original Woodstock Festival AND the reunion all in one lifetime!
Jerry, my spiritual brother, poet, philosopher, birder, singer,
and the kind of friend that makes life beautiful for having him
in it. Cyndi has recorded CD's with him but he's too humble to
admit it and makes his own tracks for me, still...


Love you, my brother. "May You Stay Forever Young!"

3 comments:

  1. How lucky you are! Friends like Jerry are few and far between! I'm glad you both still cherish each other.

    ReplyDelete