Panda's First Smile

Panda's First Smile
PandaPig's First Smile!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

BEST FRIENDS!

 
This is my best friend since 1975, Jerry, and Cyndi, his music partner (he also has an amazing wife!) right before their performance at a "Bob and Beatles" Concert. Have NO idea who Bob is, Beatles good 'nuff for us.  Jer attended BOTH Woodstocks, the original 3-Day Woodstock and the ReUnion, too. While Cyndi writes the best songs and they have made CD's but my favorite song is one about a starfish she wrote. Jerry's played guitar for me, taught me how to birdwatch, almost got us eaten by a 'gator in the Okeefenokee Swamp back in the 1970's, and introduced me to the poetry of Walt Whitman, Blake, the Transcendentalists, Thoreau, played vinyl recordings of Richard Burton reciting "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" for me when I lived in a little attic room in Atlanta where he and his wife still live (not in an attic) but Atlanta in a small cabin with an owl box! Jerry now has an owl who comes and sits on a branch just outside his window whenever he is ill. True: it comes and watches over him...In many ways, I can trace my life as an adult (I was about 18 when we met? something) all the good passion for nature and birds and wildlife and writing and travelling in swamps and places full of birdsong influenced by his friendship and it remains so to this day. He is in me, has been since we met. Funny how you don't realize stuff like that until way later.


Nothing in life compares to having a good friend for life.
I am convinced that we are still together because we never fell
in love and got married! We simply love each other. Always have. Always will!
And we had ADVENTURES.
REALLY, REALLY GREAT ADVENTURES.


Miss ya, bro.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Chana. You are a real treasure of a friend and my life has been and remains richer for knowing you. I can't imagine what it would have been like otherwise.
    By the way Bob as in the music of Bob and Beatles. Now let's think about this. Who could he be?

    Peace, Love & Lattes
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete