Panda's First Smile

Panda's First Smile
PandaPig's First Smile!

Monday, February 22, 2010

TODAY I MISS CHAI

I don't know if it's because of all the Olympics excitement, or meeting lots of new animals, or maybe that he still lived here with Mom when I first moved in last spring and was scared and he comforted me, but I miss Chai today.

Maybe because I've heard mom say his name a lot over the phone with Edwin who, after nearly ten years, continues to be amazed by the unexpected, sometimes mischievous, always brilliant things he does, but I miss my friend so much today.

Perhaps it is because guinea pigs are fun to be with, and mom loves us, but Chai gave me a sense of Wildness that domestic animals do not possess. Perhaps I miss him because he is Chai, and that is Why.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment