Panda's First Smile

Panda's First Smile
PandaPig's First Smile!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

MOM'S INNER RAINBOW GONE ASKEW!


Dear Readers, Sweet, Wonderful Readers: We are now 48 hours from The Big Move and mom seems ajar, somehow.
So, we are all being very sweet and nice and affectionate and supportive.
She adores the new place, an artistic cathedral of LIGHT, and rumor has it we may even receive two junior zoo-keepers to help mom socialize Raj and Taj, who are actually coming along really well. This morning is the first time Taj actually came out seeking affection from mom instead of food! And he let her pet and play with him through the bars of his cage!

But Junior Zookeepers would be SO COOL! She even still has her Zoo Vest and another vest they could wear while they play with us and teach us that being loved by people is safe and feels good. I already know that, but the Mahals are just beginning to.

Mom, I am sorry for biting you. But it really hurt my feelings when you took your big blue magic marker and wrote:
"Count DracuPig" on the name plate of my cage. I never mean to bite you, I'm just chattering my teeth to teach the new Mahals who is boss, ya know...but maybe I could be nice and maybe we don't need a boss, really, just love.

The Junior Zookeepers would really help.

Mom, do you want me to be sweet all the time? Because, if you do, I could start when we move. It'll be a fresh start.

Part of the problem is the grief I still feel (and know you do, too) over PandaPig and Bear. I miss them all the time. And maybe, although I do love the Mahals, I've been trying to tell them they can never replace PandaPig and Bear. And maybe that is not the healthiest way to grieve, especially since their living here has cheered us all up so much and we laugh and they have so much fun "WWWWWWWhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeking!" and popcorning and chasing each other and stealing each other's food and just bringing us comfort and joy to help turn grief into happiness.

So, mom, I am going to join you when we move, and become a Hip, Urban, Bohemian, Art Pig (HUBAP) as we move forward.

Maybe your rainbow will be right-side-up Inside your head tomorrow, because I know you miss Panda And Bear, too.

love,
the newly reformed (tell Auntie Ann! tell Auntie Ann!)
Yum-Yum
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Yum-Yum,

    I am SO proud of you! What a nice attitude change. You really can be a most wonderful, supportive, guinea kid. I think that it might be time for your mom to take down the Count DracuPig sign. Your latest postings show what a nice boy you can be when you put your mind to it. So keep focused on that and you will earn a new title, something with "sweet", "reformed", "wonderful" or words like that in it.

    It would be helpful if you push all of your toys into one place in your cage so it is easier for your mom to pack. There you go, I knew you could do it!

    Love, Auntie Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Auntie Ann,

    Yes, you are right. I like being a good pig and maybe will remain so for awhile just to try it out and if I like it, shall remain your sweet, reformed, wonderful, YumYum. Give Dommy-Dom
    and Princess Camille a big "WWWhhheeeeeKKKK! for me! Keys to our new home in mom's hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yipee! Wwwhhhheeeeekkkkkk! back at ya.

    Happy Moving Day. Don't be nervous, they won't forget you!

    Love,

    Auntie Ann

    ReplyDelete