Panda's First Smile

Panda's First Smile
PandaPig's First Smile!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Where AM I?


GREAT NEWS! Winter is finally here! We waited all 3,323 minutes of summer for this! And Fall? Hmmm, never saw it coming.
Never saw it at all. What's great about that? Not much, unless you're me! Mom finally replaced those nasty sleeping bags of mine with the coolest spaceship on earth! Yeah, ain't like we haven't been cold, because - HAVE YOU SEEN THIS PLACE?
Of course you have? Have you seen where the heat vents are? Of course you HAVEN'T because they are hiding behind either guinea pig cages or all that chaos in her "art studio." (Mom, you can call it anything you want, but -)

"YUM-YUM, are you using the computer or can I?"

OOPS! "Uh, I am, Mom, just waxing poetic to my readers about your grace and generosity, getting me my new tunnel!"

"Oh, honey, well, in that case, take as long as you like. I am going to lie down for a bit."

"Mom, haven't you been lying down since, like, yesterday? I thought they raised your meds and you wouldn't be having any more seizures..."

"Yeah, well, whatever, I didn't pick them up because lying down takes so much energy. Say 'Hi' to all my fan(s?) for me, are there more than one?"

"Sure mom, sure!" (NOT! HAVE YOU MET MOM?!)

As I was saying, so there's this incredible person, Jen, and her husband and their neat kid who have a family business making amazing things for little furballs like us, ferrets, hedgehogs, dinosaur babies, miniature shrimp, octopusses (did you know the male dies right after they mate? It kinda sucks except if you gonna die a happy octopus when would be a better time
than that, if you really think about it, which we don't.) So, Jen has all these ultra-luxurious soft, fleece, MOISTURE-WICKING comfie-thingies and mom had made enough with our cards to order three cuddle cups for "the others" who loved them SO MUCH that both Raj Mahal AND lil'Calvin actually started popcorning for joy when they crawled curiously into them...Calvin can't popcorn, him having no real bones and all, so he squealed and did barrel rolls (YEAH! they are SO ROOMY!) AND BOTH OF THEM KICKED THEIR LONG BACK FEET OUT TO SEE IF THEY COULD AND THEY COULD SO THEY DID because those stinky old cuddle cups were all too small, even for Calvin the small, since he talks and eats in his sleep. (Seriously, it KEELS mom laughing to watch him chew-chew-chew in his sleep. But, we think he dreams of food because he was starved, which is why his bones de-mineralized.)

So, Jen probably has lots of custom orders, I guess, since she has so many beautiful fabrics to choose from, but winter came on us as rapidly as summer and fall never came, so that left me without a viable sleeping bag...(because who hasn't done laundry in how LONG?)

Well, believe it or not, Jen had ONE TUNNEL LEFT AND GUESS WHO IS NOW IN IT?

me. yes, me.

SQUEEEEEEE! My spondylosing been hurtin' since the weather changed and now I am all stretched out in a large roomy tunnel of my Very Own and - get this, y'all - unlike that stupid sleeping bag, the tunnel got two ends open so I can see my "Domain" while in it, and keep a watchful eye over all that I survey, which is all mine!

Short story long, THANK YOU, JEN AND YOUR HUSBAND, FOR HAVING ONE LEFT, FOR RUSHING IT TO US, AND FOR MAKING IT ALL SPOOKY AND HALLOWEENY, because mom especially loves spiders and catches them
and puts them outside because she thinks anything that tiny who can made fiber art that intricate, yet delicate is a creative genius, especially with so many little legs everywhere all over it!

ANY OF YOU READING WHO HAVE A SMALL ANIMAL IN YOUR LIFE, CALLING CD3 FOR MILLIE BEA, PLEASE CHECK OUT: www.JensCustomCrafts.com. Our only regret? She don't make nothing big enough for mom...
(snickers heard from every piggie..."then mom would NEVER GET UP!" more giggling...)

Mom: "What y'all doin' in there? Sounds like fun!"

Herd altogether now: "It the sound of us lovin' you mom, the sound of us lovin' you."

YEAH, that it! THANK YOU, JEN!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard about tunnels, be careful... don't go toward the light, it could be an oncoming vehicle! Just hunker down and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete