Panda's First Smile

Panda's First Smile
PandaPig's First Smile!

Monday, March 8, 2010

"THE GUINEA PIG WAY" OF PEACE


When mom first adopted me, I was a mess! My fur was long, matted, and smelly. I was terrified and so traumatized from whatever happened before my adoption that I spent the entire first night without even moving once in my cage. Mom gave me 24 hours to be frozen, then it was time to begin the thawing process. The first step was Trust. Was being touched going to hurt me again, or...

Mom let me show her what I needed to feel safe and loved, especially while being held. She let me teach her "The Guinea Pig Way" and I became her Sifu! Now that she has learned so much from me, the other piggies got it easy!

But, today, I remembered (as did mom) it wasn't always so. She didn't know if I would bite her. I didn't know if she would bite me. We've come a long way together, and now YumYum and Bear, the Beaver Pig, are the beneficiaries of what mom and I have learned from one another about Second Chances at Love.

It's All Good: Starting a new life with a loving family is what mom initially gave us, not realizing at the time that - in the end- we have given her the loving family she never had either! Win-Win, eh?

This is why she encouraged me to start and maintain this blog: to share to power of love squared by Guinea Pigs! It's "The Guinea Pig Way."
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment