Panda's First Smile

Panda's First Smile
PandaPig's First Smile!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

GOODBYE FIRST BEGINNINGS, TIME TO START ANEW IN 2012

DON'T READ THIS IT WAS
LIKE FOUR O'CLOCK IN THE
MORNING AND I WAS
SLEEP-TYPING AND
EATING FROZEN
TOASTER WAFFLES...
REALLY.
THIS WOULD BE TIME 
YOU WILL NEVER GET
BACK IN YOUR LIFE:
DON'T WASTE IT HERE!

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Barnyard Jazz (see close-up)^^^





YES, you've seen these about a million
times before but it's 3:13 a.m. and clearly
I cannot drink a double-shot latte after
12 noon, it's that simple. These cards were
a step in the door and, frankly, I must thank
MARIFUN and Ms. A for being with me
the first time I made them because,
let's face it, other than knowing I needed
to be listening to vintage Eric Clapton
(ROCK ON, SLOW-HAND!)
I DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE...
as if i have one NOW.


But I need art therapy because my heart
and soul are screaming to be let out of
the frozen Silence which has enslaved them
since January 1, 2012, and the shields will
be a VOICE more powerful, yet quieter than 
a chain-saw.


Raw, primitive, visceral, survivalist,
ancient, indigenous, reminiscent of 
cultures who valued their elders instead
of locking them away in nursing "homes" ~
 I am going to scream through my hands,
non-toxic glue, paint, leaves, ink, hand-made paper, 
things found on the sidewalk, 
things insisting they grow and thrive between cracks 
in the sidewalk, and drawings scribbled on napkins 
in cafes. The only way out is through and if
I am screaming to tell my guinea pigs I love
them but never got a chance to, I will wail.
For all the changes in my lifestyle, those are
adaptable. But my babies I will never hold again...
Must make a shield to remind me it was worth
the sacrifice and love is the only thing in live
that the more you give of it, the more you receive.
I miss them terribly, still.
Little rodents!


Now that "The Great Thaw" has begun
so does the "Tribal Tribute" to of you 
those who saw me through those darkest days, you
 deserve honoring now. How happy these shields
will make me thinking of you the entire time!
An earthy way of honoring YOU,
much like people once honored heroes, tied to
the land, sea, sky, tides, moon cycles;
art painted onto cave walls, etched in
stone for eternity. That's what friends are for.
I have never needed you more.
And there you were!
~

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. No more double shots for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE your art, dear Chana. Owls have a special place in our lives too, from the Edward Lear poem! There's an owl and the pussycat up on our roof!

    ReplyDelete